Flu appointments are available at both Western Elms & Circuit Lane Surgeries. To note – we are not expecting our vaccines for over 65 year olds to be delivered until w/c 3rd October.
The larger flu clinics will be held at Circuit Lane Surgery on Saturday mornings, starting in October. We have started sending out text messages and letters inviting those eligible to go online and book their appointments. Please look out for these messages.
Please read the below carefully before booking into a clinic:
- All our clinics will be available to book online via Patient Access/NHS App or you can call the Practice
- If you want to register for online services please request on the website – ‘register for on-line services’
- Our clinics will run in a clinical priority order and will become available online for booking from September through to the end of November (approximately), so please continue to check back online if a clinic is fully booked.
- You will be booked into a specific timed appointment and it is essential you arrive on time for that appointment. If you do not arrive for the time you book, you may be asked to re-book another time. Please join the queue at your appointment time. This is so that we can ensure we do not have big groups of patients congregating outside the surgery.
- Patients must wear a face covering for their appointment. Please ensure you are able to remove your coat/outer clothing easily to be given the injection in your upper arm.
- There are different vaccines for over 65yrs and under 65yrs so please ensure you book the correct clinic. We cannot accommodate both vaccines in one clinic.
Who is eligible for the 2022/23 Flu Vaccine?
Those eligible for the flu vaccine are as follows:
- All patients 6 months to under 65 years in clinical at risk groups, such as lung, heart kidney, liver and neurological disease, diabetes, suppressed immunity. Plus those who have recently had to shield during the COVID-19 pandemic, and their immediate family living with them (if they are also our patients).
- Pregnant women.
- Patients over 65 years (or those turning 65 before 31st March 2023).
- Children aged 2-3 years on 31st August 2022 can be vaccinated at the surgery i.e. born between 1st Sept 2018 & 31st Aug 2020
- Patients aged between 50 years to 64 years.
- All primary school aged children and Year 7s, 8’s & 9’s (1st, 2nd & 3rd year at secondary school) will be vaccinated at school. Please contact your schools directly for further information.
For more information on the flu vaccine and eligibility please visit: Flu vaccine – NHS (www.nhs.uk)
Some patients may also have had a flu vaccine in the past but are not eligible this season. If you would like to be vaccinated, please contact the local pharmacies to see who is offering this service. The charges do vary but are normally between £8-£16.99.